Miscellaneous » General Information » Enrollment



Students currently enrolled in the
Paso Robles Joint Unified School District


For students currently enrolled in the Paso Robles Joint Unified School District, parents should complete an Alternative Education Review Committee (AERC) Form.  You can get an AERC Form from your current school principal or counselor.  Upon approval and review by the district Alternative Education Review Committee, students will be allowed to enroll in our program.

For students living within the Paso Robles Joint Unified School District but not currently enrolled in school, parents should contact the Director of Student Services at the district office, 800 Niblick Rd., (805) 769-1000.

For students who reside outside the Paso Robles Joint Unified School District, parents will need to acquire an interdistrict transfer request (ENGLISH and SPANISH) and submit it to the district office.




District Enrollment - New Students Only!

Two Ways To Enroll! Enroll your student online or choose paper packets. 


Aeries Online Enrollment offers a streamlined enrollment experience. With Online Enrollment, there is no need to come to the District Office to complete your paperwork. Enroll your student at your own pace on your own time schedule. If you have any questions, email our staff at [email protected].
If you prefer to enroll your student using the paper packet, please review Student Enrollment Information and select your enrollment packet below . Return your completed enrollment packet to the District Office or email it to [email protected]We can not accept incomplete packets. 

Along with your completed enrollment packed please include proof of the following information:

  • Student’s age (certified copy of birth record, passport, statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth, baptism certificate, or affidavit of birth)
  • Student’s immunizations
  • Student's Residency (adult’s government-issued photo identification, driver’s license or DMV identification card showing residence, property tax payment receipts, rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts, utility service contract, statements, or payment receipts, pay stubs, voter registration, correspondence from a government agency, declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student) 

The district will admit children at the beginning of the school year (or whenever they move into a district) if they will be five years of age on or before September 1.



  • Preschool Experience Form
  • Health & Development History
  • Enrollment Form/Emergency Contact
  • Migrant Education Form
  • Home Language Survey
  • Student Residency Questionnaire 

1-12 Grades

  • Enrollment Form/Emergency Contact
  • Consent & Request to Release Records
  • Home Language Survey
  • Migrant Education Form
  • Student Residency Questionnaire


Intradistrict Transfer

An intradistrict transfer/open enrollment is when parents/guardians wish to register/admit/enroll their student(s) at a school other than the designated school that is in their attendance area within their district.

California Education Code Section 35160.5(b) permits parents to indicate a preference for the school which their child will attend, irrespective of the child’s place of residence within the district, and requires the district to honor this parental preference if the school has sufficient capacity without displacing other currently enrolled students.

Districts are encouraged to give preference to siblings attending the same school and to consider the location of parents’ places of employment or established child care arrangements in determining enrollment priority. Districts are allowed to make case-by-case exceptions in order to ameliorate harmful or dangerous situations.
Interdistrict Transfer/Reciprocal Agreement
An interdistrict transfer/reciprocal agreement is when parents/guardians wish to register/admit/enroll their student(s) at a school other than the designated school that is in their attendance area outside of their district.

California Education Code sections 46600–46610 permits parents/guardians to request an interdistrict transfer/reciprocal agreement. The fundamental basis for this provision is the signing of an agreement between districts. Interdistrict transfer/reciprocal agreement must be approved by both the student’s original district of residence and the district to which the student seeks to transfer to. Both districts must approve the agreement before it becomes valid. The agreement may extend for a maximum of five consecutive years and may include terms or conditions. It is within the authority of either the home district or the receiving district to revoke an interdistrict transfer/reciprocal agreement at any time for any reason the local board or district superintendent deems appropriate.

If a request for an interdistrict transfer/reciprocal agreement is denied, the student’s parents/guardians may file an appeal to the county office of education in the student’s district of residence within 30 days of receipt of the official notice of denial of the transfer.
Interdistrict Transfer Because of Parent Employment/Allen Bill: California Education Code Section 48204(b) permits a school district to deem a pupil to have complied with the residency requirements for school attendance in the district if at least one parent/guardian of the pupil is physically employed within the boundaries of that district. Once admitted to residency, the pupil’s transfer may be revoked only if the parent ceases to be employed within the boundaries of the district. As a resident, the student does not have to re-apply for the transfer to be valid.


Please email [email protected] or call (805) 769-1000 if you have any questions.

The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (McKinney-Vento Act) (42 U.S.C. § 11431-11435) requires schools to immediately enroll a homeless child or youth even if he or she is unable to provide proof of residency or age or other documentation normally required for enrollment.